Calling all Spoken Word Artists, Singer-Songwriters, Video-Poem and Video-Story Creators, and Rap Musicians!
Word Feast wants to feature your creations on our Facebook page and draw everyone’s attention to Fredericton – and give you a chance to win a $100 voucher to a local business!
Please send a link to or attachment of your video to info@Wordfeast.ca by September 18, and arrange to transfer $10 for the contest entry fee. We will be showing each of the entries once on our Word Feast Facebook page between September 21 and September 23, 9 am to 6 pm. Check daily to see when yours goes up! Once it is posted, share it widely and make sure your posts link back to the post on the Word Feast Facebook page. Ask your friends to click on an emoji for your video on our original post, because that’s how we’ll be giving you points: 3 for each “Wow,” 2 for each “Love,” and 1 for each “Like” on our post.
We’re celebrating everything local this year, so each video should show a recognizable place in Fredericton (your favourite restaurant or store, a park or a public space, a street scene) and mention it in the song or text. Videos should be between 1 and 3 minutes long. All submissions must be original (you must have written and be performing the piece). Creations by pairs and groups are allowed to enter together if they agree to share the prize.
The scores will be calculated on the morning of September 26 and announced on September 27, when we’ll be showing the winning video at Odd Sundays at Word Feast. Make sure you attend to see if you win! The winner will be given a $100 gift voucher to a Fredericton business.
- Submissions will only be accepted between September 12 and September 18, 2020 (5pm).
- Only New Brunswick residents or post-secondary students attending a New Brunswick school
are eligible. (We want to provide opportunities to showcase New Brunswick talent!)
- A submission is one video between one (1) and four (3) minutes long, including a voice reading of a song, a poem or story with or without music, or images and legible text.
- All submissions (text, music, recording) must be entirely original creations, and must follow
Facebook’s guidelines. Submitting a video signifies permission to post on our Facebook page or our website with credit, but no other authorization.
- All submissions must show and mention (by name) a business, public place, or street in
- Submissions may be made in Word, jpeg, tiff, .MOV, or mp4 format. Send an attachment to
email@example.com. If you prefer to post your video on your personal Facebook page, write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us you are sharing the link in messenger.
- Write the names of all involved or tag them in your message and email us the name and mailing address of the person to whom the prize voucher should be sent if you win.
- Entry fee: $10 — payment must be received by the deadline or the submission will not be
considered. Payment can be made by e-transfer to info[at]wordfeast.ca. Use your last name (written clearly in your email) as the security answer.
- Submissions can be made by one person or more than one; pairs and groups will share a single prize.
- Artists or groups can submit more than one entry, but each entry must be accompanied by the
- Each video will be shown in one post on our Facebook page between September 21 and
September 23, 2020.
- The winner will be chosen by viewer engagement, as measured by the highest number of points. Three points will be given for each “Wow,” two for each “Love,” and one for each “Like” on our post received by September 26 at 7 a.m.
- In the case of two or more videos receiving the same number of points, the first video received
will be declared the winner.