Word Feast is happy to announce our first annual Word Feast Postcard Story Contest! Rabindranath Maharaj will serve as judge, and the winner (+ shortlist) will be invited to read with him at the Word Feast version of Odd Sundays at Corked Wine Bar on September 23 at 2pm. The winner will receive a $200 prize + some autographed books.
The theme of the contest is Cultural or Personal memory.
The contest opens on June 1, 2018. The deadline is 5pm (Atlantic) on August 1, 2018.
- Submissions will only be accepted between June 1 and August 1 (5pm).
- A submission is one story, maximum 500 words.
- Entry fee: $10 — payment must be received by the deadline or the submission will not be considered. Payment can be made by e-transfer to info[at]wordfeast.ca or by cash/cheque (made out to Word Feast Literary Society) and sent to our mailing address (61 Watters Dr., Fredericton NB, E3A 3S9) or in person to one of our board members.
- Submissions must be stripped of identifying information and emailed as an attachment to info[at]wordfeast.ca. Please include your name and address in the body of the email.
- Only New Brunswick residents or post-secondary students attending a New Brunswick school are eligible. (We want you to be able to easily attend!)
- Writers can submit more than one entry, but each entry must be accompanied by the entry fee.
Good luck! A shortlist will contacted by September 1 and an announcement will follow.