Word Feast is happy to announce our third annual Word Feast Postcard Story Contest! This year’s judge is the New Brunswick Book Award Winner and past Word Feast participant Danny Jacobs. The winner will receive a $200 prize, and be invited to participate in virtual Word Feast 2020 activities. More details about those activities are coming soon. Meanwhile, we have a writing challenge for you!
***Deadline extended to August 7, 2020, 5pm (Atlantic)
The contest opens on July 3, 2020. The deadline is 5pm (Atlantic) on August 3, 2020.
- Submissions will only be accepted between July 3 and August 3, 2020 (5pm).
- Only New Brunswick residents or post-secondary students attending a New Brunswick school are eligible. (We want to provide opportunities to showcase New Brunswick talent!)
- A submission is one story, maximum 500 words. You may submit stories on any theme.
- Entry fee: $10 — payment must be received by the deadline or the submission will not be considered. Payment can be made by e-transfer to info[at]wordfeast.ca
- Submissions must be stripped of identifying information and emailed as an attachment to info[at]wordfeast.ca. Please include your name and address in the body of the email.
- Writers can submit more than one entry, but each entry must be accompanied by the entry fee.
Good luck! A shortlist will contacted by September 1 and an announcement will follow.