Word Feast is excited to announce our annual Word Feast Postcard Story Contest! The winner will receive a cash prize and vouchers, and be invited to participate in Word Feast 2022 activities, be they virtual or live. More details about those activities are coming soon.
The judge for this year’s Postcard Story Contest is Triny Finlay.
The contest opens on August 5, 2022. The deadline is 5pm (Atlantic) on September 30, 2022.
- Submissions will only be accepted between August 5, 2022 and September 30, 2022 (5pm).
- Only New Brunswick residents or post-secondary students attending a New Brunswick school are eligible. (We want to provide opportunities to showcase New Brunswick talent!)
- A submission is one story, maximum 500 words. You may submit stories on any theme.
- Entry fee: $10 — payment must be received by the deadline or the submission will not be considered. Payment can be made by e-transfer to info[at]wordfeast.ca.
- Each contestant is entitled to a $10 discount on one Word Feast workshop before August 2023.
- This year, there will be three winners, one in each age category: a) up to 24, b) 25-49, c) 50 and over
- Each winner will receive $100 in cash and $50 in gift certificates to use at businesses in their community. We want to support local restaurants, bookstores, and stores in New Brunswick.
- Submissions must be stripped of identifying information and emailed as an attachment to info[at]wordfeast.ca. Please include your name, address, and age category in the body of the email.
- Writers can submit more than one entry, but each entry must be accompanied by the entry fee.
- Winners will be notified shortly before the Word Feast: Fredericton’s Literary Festival. At that time, we will ask you for permission to publish, invite you to a reading, and ask you what you would like included in the public announcement. We want to honour our winners as they would like to be honoured.