Send us your best by December 31, 2020
Cliquez ici pour les détails en français
It’s safe to say that 2020 has been a year like no other. Children are living through a particularly noteworthy time in history, and they all have faced changes and uncertainty due to the challenges presented by COVID-19.
Word Feast believes in the power of expression, the power of words to capture experience and bring meaning to our lives. Children’s perspectives are valuable, and their telling of this time may serve us all, even as it spurs their creative and critical thinking.
As such, we are putting out a call inviting all New Brunswick youth to send us their stories, their perspectives on 2020 and COVID-19. We are looking for stories, poems, and articles by children and youth up to 18 years of age, to a maximum of 1000 words. Selected work in English and French will be featured on our website and Facebook page, and we hope to eventually feature the work we receive in a public venue. This year has been strange, to say the least, and we don’t know what the future holds, but we are actively looking for and thinking of ways to capture the voices and words of our young people as history unfolds around us, and to celebrate the young writers who submit their work.
So!!! We are calling out to our young people, asking them to sit down with paper and pen, or with digital device of their choice, and with the permission of their parents – and we are asking them to write to us in whatever format they choose.
Dear young writers:
Tell us how life has been going during the Covid-19 pandemic. What was it like learning at home? Did you do things you’ve never done before? How do you feel about what is going on? What do you imagine things will be like when you go back to school?
- Please send your writing or artwork to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 31, 2020, with your first name and age in the subject line.
- You may submit in either English or French.
- We prefer you to submit by email, but you can write to us if you would like a mailing address. If you choose to submit artwork, you can take a picture of it and send that.
- If your child writes something by hand, you can also take a picture of it and send us a JPG or a scan. We’re flexible!
- Sending us your work indicates consent for publication by Word Feast Literary Society. We will seek parents’ consent in all cases.
Questions? Write to us at email@example.com any time.