Our second annual Word Feast Fredericton Playhouse, part of our winter programming, has just opened. The winner will receive a $150 voucher from Fredericton Playhouse and each participant will get $10 off a Word Feast workshop during 2022. The winner will be invited to read at a virtual reading in early February.
Send in a short piece by January 31, 2022, in the middle of FROSTival. This time the judge, Jordan Trethewey, invites submissions on the theme of “In Flux.” The genre of your submission is open—theatre, prose, poetry—as long as it is 750 words or under. What does the theme mean? It’s up to you and definitely fluid. Let the words and ideas flow!
1. Submissions will only be accepted between December 6 and January 31, 2022 (5 pm).
2. Only New Brunswick residents or post-secondary students attending a New Brunswick school are eligible. (We want to provide opportunities to showcase New Brunswick talent!)
3. A submission is a single piece of writing (prose, poetry, theatre…), maximum 750 words.
4. All submissions must include the word “flux” at least once.
5. Entry fee: $10 — payment must be received by the deadline or the submission will not be considered. Payment can be made by e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Submissions must be stripped of identifying information and emailed as an attachment to email@example.com. Please include your name and address in the body of the email.
7. Writers can submit more than one entry, but each entry must be accompanied by the entry fee.
8. Winners of a Word Feast contest in 2021 are not eligible to enter Word Feast contests in 2022.